The ultimate guide to installing mods on Minecraft Java Edition.
Minecraft's magical world is filled with endless possibilities. Mods can make Minecraft even more amazing. Mods are extensions and additions (mostly built by third-parties) that can do almost anything you can imagine. They can alter the game's core mechanics or simply make everything blue. Mods in Minecraft Java Edition can bring new life to a game that many people have enjoyed for more than a decade.
Uninitiated can find it difficult to install and play with mods in Minecraft: Java Edition.
Mods in Minecraft Java Edition can dramatically increase the playability of Minecraft: Java Edition. If you are so inclined, you can even create your own mods in Minecraft: Java Edition. There are some things you need to do before you can install and play with mods.
Your computer should be able to handle mods. While many mods have minimal impact on performance, they can cause significant strain on your computer. If your computer is already having trouble running Minecraft: Java Edition without mods you might have trouble finding a good experience using mods in Minecraft. Java Edition. Below are the recommended and minimum specs for Minecraft: Java Edition. Make sure you have enough storage. Storage is an extension of your performance. Mods, like everything else that you install or run on your computer's hard drive, can take up additional storage. This is true for mods you install. Be aware of storage restrictions. Although it is not difficult to use mods in Minecraft Java Edition, you will need to be familiar with accessing folders, editing files, and installing files. If you aren't confident, take it slow and follow our guide. You must use Minecraft: Java Edition. Minecraft: Bedrock Edition doesn't support mods. Minecraft: Bedrock Edition does not support mods. You will need to have the legacy Java Edition installed. The recommended and minimum specs for Minecraft: Java Edition are:
Minimum:- CPU: Intel Core i3-3210 3.2 GHz AMD A8-7600 3.1 GHz or equivalent- GPU, Nvidia GeForce 400 series, AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series with OpenGL 4.4 or equivalent – RAM: 4GB- Memory: 4GB (SSD recommended)
You're now ready to momod in Minecraft: Java Edition. Follow these steps to make a professional modding expert. To get started, you will need to:
1. Install Java Edition. Install Java. Install the Forge mod installation. Play with your mods.
The first step in installing and playing with mods for Minecraft: Java Edition is to have Minecraft: Java Edition. This section of our Minecraft: Java Edition mods guides will cover everything you need to know to purchase, install, configure, and use the Minecraft Launcher: Java Edition.
The Minecraft Launcher does more than just allow you to play Minecraft: Java Edition with mods. You can take part in the latest Minecraft: Java Edition snapshot testing, play Minecraft Dungeons and even go back into previous versions of Minecraft if desired.
You can purchase Minecraft: Java Edition by going to the Minecraft: Java Edition shop page.
If you are familiar with how to download and install the Minecraft Launcher: Java Edition, you can jump straight to the Minecraft Java Edition download page.
These are the steps to install Minecraft: Java Edition on your computer.
1. Navigate to Mojang Studios' website from your computer. If you aren't logged in to the Minecraft: Java Edition account, click the “Log In” button in upper right-hand corner.
Sign in with your Mojang Account or Microsoft Account. If you purchased Minecraft: Java Edition after Dec 2020, you will need to sign in with a Microsoft Account.
1. Once you have logged in, go back to Mojang Studios' website. Click on the large button “Get Minecraft” near the top of the screen.
1. Choose the right platform from the selections.
1. Choose Minecraft: Java Edition among the two versions.
1. Click the “Download” button in the middle of the screen.
1. Click on the “Download for Windows” button at the top of the Minecraft: Java Edition page. You can find links further down for Linux and MacOS users.
1. After clicking the “Download for Windows” button, click the Save As prompt at the bottom of your screen. Make it easy to find by saving the “MinecraftInstaller.zip” file to your “Downloads” folder.
1. Once you have downloaded MinecraftInstaller, navigate to your “Downloads” folder to install the Minecraft Launcher.
1. After you have opened the Minecraft Launcher Wizard, click “Next” to move on to the next step. Choose the folder to install the Minecraft Launcher. You can modify the default setting if necessary. Zachary Boddy
1. Next, click on the “Install” button. This will begin the installation process.
2. After the Minecraft Launcher has been installed, click Finish to exit The Minecraft Launcher Setup Wizard. Zachary Boddy
These steps will help you set up the Minecraft Launcher once you have installed it.
1. Open the Minecraft Launcher on your computer. It will automatically check for updates and install them. After the Minecraft Launcher has been opened and updated, sign in with your Mojang Account or Microsoft Account.
1. After you have logged in to your Mojang account or Microsoft Account, you can verify that you are able to play Minecraft: Java Edition. Look for the large “Play” button.
1. To verify that Minecraft: Java Edition runs on your machine, click the “Play” button. This will launch Minecraft: Java Edition. The Minecraft Launcher will download all the necessary files to run Minecraft: Java Edition.
Installing Minecraft: Java Edition on your computer is just the first step in playing with mods in Minecraft. Next, you need to install Java. This is necessary for the Forge mod installer. We'll discuss this in the next section. Java is no longer used for much, so it's very likely that Java won't be installed on your computer.
These steps will help you install Java on your Minecraft: Java Edition mods computer.
Navigate to the Java website. Once you are on the Java website, click the “Agree to start free downloading” button in the middle of the screen.
1. 2. Click Save As near the bottom of the screen. Click Save as near the bottom of your screen. Save the JavaSetup file in the “Downloads” folder of your computer to make it easier to find.
1. After you have downloaded JavaSetup, navigate to the “Downloads” folder. Double-click the JavaSetup file from the Downloads folder. It may contain additional numbers or letters at the end.
1. To continue to the next step, click on the Install button once Java Setup has opened. If necessary, you can also modify the destination folder directly from this screen.
1. Java Setup will install Java. Do not restart your computer. After Java has been installed click the “Close” button to close the message.
1. Although it is not necessary, you might want to restart your computer in order to ensure Java is installed correctly and there are no problems.
Now that Java has been installed, you can install Forge. Forge is the Java Edition, the most powerful and comprehensive way to install mods for Minecraft. Forge has a large community of creators and constant support. This allows you to make Minecraft more exciting.
These steps will help you install the Forge mod installation for Minecraft: Java Edition mods.
1. Navigate to the Forge website from your computer. Download the Forge mod installer. Forge is constantly updated to support the latest Minecraft version.
2. Once you have found the Forge version you wish to install, click the Installer button underneath it.
1. Click the Save as button at the bottom of your screen. Save the “forge_installer” file to make it easy to locate. You will need to allow access.
1. After you have downloaded the “forge_installer” file, navigate into the “Downloads” folder. Double-click the “forge_installer” file. You may find additional numbers in its title.
1. Once Mod System Installer has opened, ensure that Install client is selected and not “Install server”, or “Extract.” Click OK to continue after the “Install client” option has been selected. If necessary, you can also modify the destination folder on this screen.
1. The Mod System Installer will install Forge on your computer. Do not restart your computer. After the Forge mod installer is installed, click OK to confirm.
1. Open the Minecraft Launcher on your computer to verify that the Forge mod install was properly installed. After the Minecraft Launcher has been opened, you will see the Minecraft version dropdown menu left of the large “Play”. This menu allows you to switch between all versions of Minecraft, including snapshots and the Forge mod installer.
It will allow you to verify that the Forge version you have installed is selected.
Although it's been a long journey, you are now ready to install mods in Minecraft: Java Edition. There are some things you need to know, but the foundation is there. CurseForge is the best place to find Minecraft mods. It's the largest collection of Minecraft mods that you will ever find. CurseForge allows you to download mods from creators around the world for Minecraft: Java Edition.
Before you rush to CurseForge to download the mods of all your dreams, there are some things we need to do. First, you must know how to find (or create) the mods folder on your computer. You can then learn how to install and play with mods in our Minecraft Java Edition mods guide.
These steps will help you install and play with mods for Minecraft: Java Edition.
If you are already comfortable with using your computer's navigation tools and don't need to follow the steps, the exact address of the “mods” folder is:
These steps will help you locate and create the mods folder for Minecraft: Java Edition mods.
1. Navigate to File Explorer on your computer and open it to locate the mods folder. Open File Explorer's View tab at the upper left-hand side. Make sure Hidden Items is selected.
1. Navigate to Your PC using File Explorer. Open Local Disc (C)
1. Locate and open the Users folder.
1. Open your user folder. Mine is boddy.
1. Open the AppData folder.
1. Locate and open the Roaming folder.
1. Locate and open the folder.minecraft.
1. 2. Look for the mods directory. If the mods folder does not exist, right-click your mouse and highlight the “New” menu. Click the “Folder” option. After the folder is created, you can name it “mods” and leave out the quotation marks.
Once you know where to find “mods”, follow these steps to install it and get started.
1. Navigate to CurseForge on your computer to search and download mods. Once you are on CurseForge, search for the mod(s), which you wish to install on your computer. CurseForge offers many tools such as filtering, search, categories and more that will help you find the mod you are looking for.
1. Once you have found the mod you want, click on it to open its page. If you are familiar with the mod, the “Download” button should not be used.
2. After you have viewed the mod overview, click on the small Download button in the upper right-hand corner.
1. After you click the Download button, CurseForge will automatically install the mod after a few seconds.
1. After the mod has been downloaded, you will need to click on the Save As button at the bottom of your screen. Save the mod file to your Downloads folder to make it easier to find. You will need to allow the mods to be downloaded.
1. Once you have downloaded the mods, navigate your computer to the Downloads folder.
1. Highlight the mods that you wish to install and right-click. Select Copy. Select Copy.
1. Navigate to the mods folder of your computer. If you have any questions, the steps can be found above. Right-click in the folder to open a new menu. To copy the mods, select Paste.
1. After the mods have been saved to your “mods folder”, open the Minecraft Launcher. Verify that the Forge mod install is selected as your Minecraft version. Click the large Play button in the middle of the screen if the Forge mod installer has been selected as your Minecraft version.
1. The Minecraft Launcher will warn that mods have been installed in Minecraft. Click the small “Play” button at the bottom right-hand corner to play with mods. Don't warn me about this installation again. option before clicking “Play.”
There are some things you should remember after you have become an expert in installing and playing with mods for Minecraft: Java Edition. We have the Minecraft: Java Edition mods guide that will help you navigate mods in Minecraft: Java Edition.
Some mods do not allow online multiplayer. Online multiplayer is an important part of Minecraft. Mods are not usually allowed for this reason. This is especially true for servers. Mojang Studios wants the game to be reliable, fair, and fun for everyone. You can have multiple mods running simultaneously. There is no reason to limit your ability to install and play with multiple mods simultaneously. You may be able to create amazing (sometimes bizarre) combinations with multiple mods. You can disable individual mods. You don't need to uninstall a particular mod if you have issues with it. By adding “.disabled to the end of each mod's file, you can disable them individually. Some mods might not work together because they are compatible with other mods. You can isolate the source of the problem by disabling individual mods. You can find the best Minecraft gifts, toys, and merchandise on our list. You can also enjoy Minecraft: Java Edition and mods using one of the Best Gaming Keyboards For PC. These keyboards offer the best features and performance.